Thursday, February 7, 2008

Condition

Yesterday one of my co-workers, a female mother of three, said to me, "is someone starving you at home?"

I said, "no, why?"

They said, "you look like you've lost a bunch of weight!"

I told them, "you just made my day!"

-

I have actually begun jogging around my block. It may not be a big deal to some people but it's a big deal to me, so as Billy Madison would say: "BACK OFF!"

Right now my path is around my block - Weir to Lamp Post to Anvil to Blackthorn to Williams. Sometimes I do it backwards, too. Not like running backwards, because then I might hit my head.

My pedometer told me it's 3/4 of a mile. I really should find out for sure, and also start timing myself. I feel like I'm going faster now. I also do not feel ready to die for 20 minutes after I complete my lap.

One of the ironies is that the stupid scale in the kitchen says I'm the same weight. I haven't totally fixed my diet yet - I still splurge for no-good foods a bit too much, but I am working on it and am conscientious of the fact that somehow I need to find fruits and vegetables I actually enjoy. I just don't like squishy food all that much.

Someone made me feel better about that though too, they said: "You're probably just putting on muscle."

I always wanted to be strong. I was kind of undersized growing up and so even now as I'm 5'10, I still feel small and relatively weak.

My goal is 5'10, 185 lbs, and be able to touch my toes. Is this too much to ask, body?

No comments: